As you've probably all noticed, we have a Pixelmon Dark beta server running and people are already debating wether we should update our main pixelmon server to this version. Now if we would decide to eventually update it would mean that we could not revert the server back to an older version and could only support Pixelmon Dark and versions based from that version. If another group decides to make another version and it is not based on a previous mod version it could have problems updating properly.
Secondly you probably all know that the original mod authors have been shut down, and what this holds for the future of this and other pixelmon servers is yet unknown. This shutdown basically threatens the long existence of the whole pixelmon community and also for our server. I find it a great pleasure that there are still plenty of people wanting to improve and update the mod but a little bit skeptic on the fact that we don't know how long it will last.
Now we are keen to keep the servers online and they are not going anywhere yet, and while all these changes are happening around us we should look into what do we as server. Do we want to keep hosting the last version of the original mod? or do we want to venture into Pixelmon Dark directly, without knowing if that version holds the future for the mod yet?
Me myself and probably a lot of other people are excited for the Dark version because there are a lot of new Pokemon added and i'd say we could update but we don't know what kind of result that will eventually bring. Only time could learn, but before we make any decisions it is up to you the community to decide and debate.
You can find a poll on the main page of the website where you can vote, and leave your comments on this topic.